The Top Qualities to Look For in a Satisfactory Job
Employee burnout is a significant problem in the US today. Since the pandemic, worker dissatisfaction, mental health issues, and depression/anxiety have hit an all-time high.
Although this is a negative thing in general, it also has a silver lining. It means that employers can no longer ignore the importance of mental health on job productivity. Happy, healthy workers are more likely to remain in their positions, do their jobs well, and stay loyal to the company. To ensure that happens, some employers have adapted their policies to include more family- and mental health-focused aspects.
Since you don’t have too much of the final say in pay — the employer must agree to pay you at least the prevailing wage for similar jobs in the area — look for these other qualities in your next career change as a foreign worker:
● Flexible work schedules (not necessarily remote, but able to work around important personal events)
● Friendly work atmosphere
● Free continuing education
● Support for wellness and mental health
● Paid time off and vacation
● Health, disability, and life insurance benefits
These are essential perks offered in today’s competitive business world, and you can find employers who offer them if you have the skills and experience to be valuable to the company.
Favorite Places to Work For in 2023
Here, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top companies to work for in 2023 that frequently hire foreign workers to fill their specialty positions.
- Cisco: One of the top information technology companies in America, foreign nationals working here can expect to complete jobs that involve computer networking, security, and cloud design and servicing products. Current and previous employees say this company has a solid compensation package and an excellent atmosphere to work in, as well as free mental health therapy.
- Salesforce: Another tech company, Salesforce’s focus is on CRM services and tools to provide high-quality marketing, sales, and support for their customers. Employees can work from home occasionally throughout the week. Salesforce is known for its work advocating for gender and race pay equality.
- Hilton Worldwide Holdings: This multinational company transfers workers to and from its US headquarters frequently. The hospitality business offers workers a range of job positions in a diverse, inclusive environment. Remote work is possible, and employees can enjoy up to 100 discounted rooms per year.
- Nvidia Corporation: Lesser-known in general, Nvidia Corporation is a massive name in the computing world. This company invented the graphic processing units we use in our smartphones, laptops, computers, and other electronic devices today. Employees receive appreciation through benefits like impressive leave policies, subsidized daycare, student loan repayment options, and tuition reimbursement.
- Rocket Companies: If your background is in finance, a job with a Rocket Company could be up your alley. This is a FinTech platform company with an aim to provide all real estate, mortgage, and financial services to its customers. Working there gives you access to the company’s trademarked Thrive Program, which includes internal promotions, 10% coverage of employee healthcare costs, and free mental health counseling.
These employers are open to hiring H-1B workers. If you’re interested in a job there, contact their HR department with your resume and application today to get on track for the next fiscal year.
Who you work for matters, but so does the attorney you choose to represent you through your visa process. At Visa2US, our expert professionals have helped countless foreign workers like you through the complex H-1B visa process, and we can guide you to your successful visa petition, too. Contact us any time, day or night, to discuss your situation and see how we can assist you in reaching your career goal.