Looking for an H-1B Sponsorship? Check With These Companies First

The H-1B visa is highly coveted in the world of foreign workers wishing for employment in the United States. But before you can apply for this document, you must have a sponsor — an approved US employer willing to pay for your application and associated fees and hire you for the length of your visa’s terms (three years). This is often a challenge, as the employer and employee requirements are strict. However, if you qualify for certain highly skilled professions, you may be able to convince one of these companies to sponsor your visa journey.

Foreign Worker Requirements for H-1B Visas

H-1B visas are given to skilled workers in specialized professions. These can be international graduates qualified in a specific field after an F-1 OPT training, MBA graduates, and individuals with bachelor’s degrees or higher in approved careers.

But just because you have the qualifications down pat doesn’t mean you’ll be able to obtain this competitive visa. On top of the time and money it takes to sponsor a potential beneficiary, employers recognize that they’re taking their chances on the lottery each year.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of registrations correctly submitted annually, only 85,000 individuals are permitted to complete the application for the visa. Twenty-thousand of those are only given to advanced degree holders.

Major companies are usually more likely to sponsor an H-1B visa holder as they can afford to wait until the October start date, and they have immigration experts to handle the process for them. Yet, part of the government requirements is that one business can’t have too many foreign workers on their payroll, or they become H-1B dependent, which opens them up to extra fees and stricter oversight from USCIS.

Popular H-1B Visa Employers

It’s not surprising that many US employers don’t want to take on the expense and risk of hiring foreign labor. Yet, there are some companies that do this frequently. If you can get in with them, and you don’t mind the long wait and paperwork involved in an H-1B visa, you may find your new employer on this list.

Whether you’re a newly graduated international student or a long-term skilled worker, these companies are often H-1B visa-friendly:

●     Accenture

●     Amazon

●     Apple

●     Capgemini

●     Cognizant

●     Facebook/Meta

●     Google

●     HCL America

●     IBM

●     Intel

●     Infosys

●     Tata Consultants

●     Tech Mahindra

●     Wipro

Know Before You Apply

If you saw a company (or a few) that you’d like to work for, head to their website and contact the Human Resources department. However, before you try to apply, be sure that you have the following already in hand:

●     Proof of your US bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in the specialized field

●     Proof of your identity

●     Experience in the profession (unless you’re coming in as a new graduate)

Keep in mind that those companies may not have a vacancy when you apply. Ask to be put on their list of potential candidates should an opening appear in the near future.

What’s Next?

The journey to an H-1B visa can be challenging and complicated, especially as the political climate in the United States continues to change. But you don’t have to take these challenges on your own shoulders. It’s wise to have legal experts working on your behalf to help you navigate the steps in the H-1B process, and our friendly professionals at Visa2US are ready to do this for you.

Contact us any time, day or night, to discuss your career goals and find out what you need to do next to put yourself in the best position for employer sponsorship. When you’re ready to register for your H-1B visa, working with us will optimize your chances of success!

Skip the research part for your immigration application.

Simply answer questions we prepared for you and the completed forms are ready!

H-1B Visa

H-1B Visa

H-1B visa is used by businesses and organizations in the United States to employ foreign nationals with the preferred qualifications, knowledge, and expertise in a role.

I-485 Adjustment of Status

I-485 Adjustment of Status

Submit a form I-485 application to apply for lawful permanent resident status.

National Interest Waiver (NIW)

National Interest Waiver (NIW)

An applicant must either hold an advanced degree or have an exceptional ability in their field that would substantially benefit the U.S. to be qualified.